Friends of the Maricopa Public Library
The Friends of the Maricopa Library (FOTL) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the support and enhancement of our Library. We represent all members of our community and welcome everyone to join our group. FOLT helps to support the Library by raising funds, which support literacy programs, book purchases, and other important activities. We volunteer our time and talents at the Library, and throughout the community.
The mission of the FOTL is to develop resources for library services and programs, encourage enjoyment of reading, lifetime learning, and community involvement. FOTL supports the Library with fund-raising activities, and by enhancing public relations, building active memberships, and recruiting volunteers.
- Organizes the semi-annual and virtual book sales, and mystery boxes
- Provides the library with funds to purchase equipment and promotional items
- Funds programs for all ages
- Sorts donated materials
- Represents the library at community events
- Helps the library promote literacy in our community
- Sells books in locations around the city, including our book nook at the Library